RECIPE: Zucchini lemon bread.
I’m a zucchini girl. Growing up, my favorite food was my mom’s zucchini. Which happened to be sliced, battered and deep fried. So no wonder I loved it. And even though I avoid deep fried items now (pity), there’s no avoiding the zucchini.
There was a huge garden zucchini I reserved for making my favorite soup on the planet. But these two beauties? Became bread.
And, as an aside, in case you’re curious about the residents in the raspberries, like Ken was:
BREAD RECIPE RATING: 4 of 5 glasses of coffee.
|Zucchini lemon bread|
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 C Greek yogurt (Original: 1/2 cup vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded/grated zucchini
- 3/4 C all purpose flour
- 3/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla, yogurt and both sugars. Add lemon juice and grated zest of the lemon. Add zucchini.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add to the wet mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan and turn out onto wire racks.