Last week’s meal sucked so hard I got a little gun-shy this week. I tend to search for recipes with few ingredients, but that was a total disaster with the gloppy chicken and spinach mess. I got worried that any new recipe I used this week would fail unless it had eleventy ingredients.
So when I put together my meal list last weekend, I picked several super complicated recipes with a long list of ingredients. But, of course, life intervened and I’ve had no time whatsoever to actually make any of the excessively complicated meals.
I did, however, have plenty of time to throw together this insanely simple salmon and zucchini meal I got from the Everyday Foods app on my iPad (I’m fully in love with that app). Like really? How can it possibly be easier than cutting zucchinis and squash into big chunks and roasting them with salmon, lemons and dill?
The best part of all of this was that it was delicious and the kids actually ate it! I had some leftover Tzatziki sauce from a batch I made earlier in the week, so we served that alongside the fish. It was a huge hit. My faith in quick and easy recipes is renewed.
But I’m burning that other cookbook.
|Roasted Salmon and Zucchini||
- 4 fillets of salmon
- 2 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 2 lemons
- 8 sprigs of dill
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of couscous
- Cut zucchini and squash into 3/4 inch chunks. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut lemons into eights. Place on baking sheet.
- Chop dill, sprinkle over the top of veggies.
- Toss veggies and lemons with olive oil. Salt and pepper.
- Salt and pepper filets. Nestle them in and among veggies on baking sheet.
- Broil fish and veggies for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Serve fish and veggies with lemon squeezed over the top and couscous on the side (add Tzatziki if you please).