RECIPE: Rosemary potato zucchini soup.
It’s here! It happened! The little sister’s big wedding day. YAY. What? You want a little peek behind the scenes? I don’t blame you! Ok! (I left out the photo where my dad is groping my mom in the photo booth. You’re welcome mom.)
The wedding really was incredible. A little hot maybe (hello 90+ degree day!). But stunning. Wonderful community. Energy. Fantastic. And it was an honor to stand beside her:
If you haven’t yet seen the video of our surprise flash mob, you should totally watch it!
And during the weekend there was time to gather with my favorite people, including my brother and fam for breakfast. (Made some of those cinnamon rolls for the boys: sans rhubarb and completely whole wheat this time.)
Since the cinnamon rolls? I’ve cooked only one thing. And actually it was Ken who cooked it: rosemary zucchini potato soup. Which was because we had garden rosemary, potatoes and zucchini. And added chard we needed to eat. Perfect, healthy meal following a frenzied weekend.
RECIPE RATING: 3 of 5 glasses of wine. We added some lime, which was a good idea. But just a basic, wonderful soup. The wedding? Several hands in the air … very raise the roof a la flash mob style. Hooray.
|Rosemary potato zucchini soup|
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 6 cups veggie stock
- 3 medium red potatoes, cleaned, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, sliced
- OPTIONAL GARNISH: Croutons and green onion.
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Mix in garlic and rosemary. Add stock and potato and zucchini; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the chard to the stock and cook until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree in blender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Top with zucchini and croutons. Sprinkle with green onions.