RECIPE: Peach ricotta pancakes.
Pretty much all I knew about my weekend was that I was making this recipe. Sure: it was a three day weekend. And in my more energetic days I would have planned something more extensive than a single recipe. More likely? A big outdoor adventure.
RECIPE RATING: 5 of 5 glasses of coffee. Thanks Kelly from The Best Remedy for the recipe!
|Peach ricotta pancakes|
- 3/4 C flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 C milk
- 1 egg (from the chicken next door! Yay!)
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 C ricotta
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- Slice your peaches.
- In medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl combine wet ingredients: milk, egg, melted butter, vanilla, ricotta and lemon zest.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Heat a skillet on the stove-top at medium heat, add a dollop of melted butter to prevent sticking, and add 1/4 or less C batter. Carefully arrange 4-5 peach slices in batter and let pancake cook, about 3 minutes. Once the sides begin to bubble and batter begins to look less wet, flip and cook the other side, about 1 minute.
- Keep doing this. (I keep the finished pancakes in a tin in the oven’s warming drawer while the other pancakes are cooking.)
- Top with a maple syrup. Enjoy!