RECIPE: Peach and blackberry crostini.
Olympics! When I exclaimed,” Olympics” to Ken last week, he said, “What, the mountains?” Sigh. But I love the Olympic games. The talent. The art. The peaceful coming together of our world.
The CSA arrived on Friday, so I used the fruit to make this amazing crostini recipe from the Best Remedy blog.
RECIPE RATING: For the crostini. Maybe we’ll feature his baked onion recipe later. But this one? 4 of 5 glasses of chilled wine. I’d like a little more kick, so would up the mint and onion. But it’s a fast light snack that’s a gold medal winner for sure.
|Peace and berry crostini|
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 ripe peaches, diced
- 1/2 C blackberries, chopped
- 1/2 C strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions, thinly diced
- 4 tbsp mint leaves, diced
- 1 C ricotta cheese
- Baguette(s), thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing: whisk together oil, vinegar and lime. Set aside.
- Place peaches, berries, red onion and mint in a bowl. Mix/fold in the dressing GENTLY; careful not to break or bruise the fruit.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top on slides of baguette (optional to toast the slices first!). First add a layer of ricotta cheese. Then add a spoonful of the peach berry mixture.