RECIPE: Carrot zucchini muffins.
So at the coffee shop down the street they sell these carrot zucchini muffins. That I pine for. Even now as I write this. So best to learn to make the muffins on my own, right?
I usually cut sugar amounts in half on recipes, which I did for these. Except these don’t have fruit or anything to help sweeten them up. So that wasn’t the best call. (Although still tasty!) I’ll leave the original recipe sugar amount in your recipe below.
|Carrot zucchini muffin|
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. canola or or grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups grated carrots (that was two large carrots, for me)
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare a pan with 12 standard muffin cups, paper liners or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, yogurt, salt, and egg. Add zucchini, carrots, cinnamon and pecans.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the wet batter. Stir until just combined. Divide the batter evenly. It won’t raise significantly, so fill the cups 3/4 full. Let the muffins rest for 10 minutes before placing them into the oven.
- Bake the muffins until the edges are lightly browned, about 18 to 23 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- Cool muffins in the pan for 10 minutes; transfer to a rack, and cool completely.
- Makes 12 muffins