Yes, it’s Sunday. My normal posting day is Thursday. I didn’t post Thursday. Why, you ask? Well I’ll tell you:
10 excuses for why I didn’t post my recipe on my normal day this week:
1. I spent way too long trying to figure out if there’s a way to stab someone in the ear with a pen through the phone, when a short sale negotiator refused to pay a $500 fee she had already agreed to several months ago. Turns out there’s not. Yet.
2. My cat ate half a can of tuna and then barfed directly under my computer chair where I put my feet. I’m allergic to things that smell equally of vomit and fish.
3. Turns out I can’t take back-to-back ballet classes after only eating yogurt for breakfast and remain conscious through both.
4. The police detained me for questioning on the attempted theft of my own minivan because the alarmy key thing is broken so I have to set it off every time to get into it.
5. The baby carrots in my garden needed peering at and cooing over. It’s part of their daily health regimen.
6. I’m planning a protest against the Phoenix real estate market and how exhausting and stupid it is to get any buyer under contract. I was busy making signs that said, “End Slave Labor! Realtors deserve minimum wage, too!”
7. My husband’s body needed hiding and it took me longer to dig that big hole than I thought it would.
8. Lindsey Lohan had another court hearing and posed for more super weird photos where her boobs and the cigarette she’s holding are prominently featured. I was stuck on trashy gossip websites for at least an hour over that.
9. I had to bail Jonas out of jail. AGAIN.
10. I’ve been watching a lot of The Walking Dead lately and I got worried that when the zombie apocalypse happens I won’t be prepared, so I had to make a run to the store to stock up on boxed wine.
But hey, here I am with a recipe for you on a normally barren WandaS day. So instead of complaining, why don’t you just make this for dinner:
|Beef and Asparagus Curry|
- 2 cans of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup red curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches of asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
- rice noodles
- lime wedges
- In a large wok on medium high, cook 1 cup of coconut milk until simmering. Add curry paste and mix until combined and fragrant. Add rest of coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce and brown sugar. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and asparagus to the sauce. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Add in flank steak and continue to simmer until steak is cooked through. Serve over rice noodles with cilantro and lime wedges.